Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hey there, 2012!

2011 is coming to an end. 2011. 2011, wow, what can I say? It was a struggle, however, I think I came out stronger. It was a year for starting over, beginning anew. A window surely opened for me. For that, I'm grateful. Humbled.

With what happened this year, I know I'll come into the new year with a different perspective in life. I know my priorities, now. I hope they are in the right order. If they aren't, well, at least I've tried to the best of my ability, which is good. I mean, right? Trying is the key, isn't it? Wanting to head in the right direction, I think, is in itself the first step to goodness. Whateverthatmeans. I just hope for good health and peace this coming new year. Yeah, peace. People may laugh at the 'world peace' sentiment. But why not hope for it? It doesn't hurt. We desperately need it, don't we? In any case, good health and peace are in my prayers. And happiness and love, mustn't forget happiness and love.

For 2012, my new years resolution is to make the most of each day. Wake up earlier, get an early start. Get more rest, sleep earlier. Be present. Spend more time with my family, friends and dogs.

Also, I plan to reflect more. Make more time for myself. I looked at my journal, my physical hard-backed, paper journal, and it's only just about half-way filled. It's a thick, thick journal so I won't be too hard on myself. But I could do better.

So with that all in mind, I welcome the new year. 2012, may you be a year filled with love, happiness, good health and peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment